When I was first introduced to Inspire Christian Writers, I was amazed at how they invited me into the fold, encouraging and supporting me in ways I never imagined possible.
After brainstorming, sharing tasks, and praying together, we were equipped to serve as one body glorifying our amazing Savior.
Although I could probably list 100 reasons, I’ve narrowed my list down to 10 reasons to join Inspire Writers.
(Reasons 5-10 were adapted from the Inspire Member Benefits page)
10. Members can attend free workshops and receive discounts on Inspire-hosted seminars and conferences, as well as negotiated discounts on select major Christian writer’s conferences.
9. Members enjoy free access to the Inspire Lending Library, which includes writer’s resource books, magazines, and CD’s from past conferences.
8. Members receive marketing support, which includes help promoting books and organizing book signings.
7. Members have access to the Inspire Advisory Board, which is made up of leaders in the Christian publishing industry.
6. Members have networking support and will have their personal bio and links posted on the Inspire website.
5. Members are published in the Inspire Annual Anthology, and will receive one free copy of the book, upon publication.
4. Knowing that God created us to grow in community, Inspire members create a nurturing environment of encouragement, support, learning, accountability, and prayer.
3. Inspire members create a sense of belonging and appreciate God’s unique design, investing in the body of Christ and building-up fellow members as they live out Ephesians 4:16.
2. Inspire members understand the writing journey, much like our spiritual journey, was never intended to be walked alone.
1. Inspire writers can tell you it’s more fun to hone our craft and work to achieve our dreams when we serve alongside gifted writers who honor God, first and foremost, and are not obsessed with competition.
“As individuals, we have been saved for life-giving relationships within kingdom of God communities, not merely for privatized walks with Jesus. We become our true selves only in community, exercising our gifts and learning to receive the gifts of others.” (Timothy Gombis, Christianity Today, July 2011)
Join Inspire Christian Writers today, and start experiencing the power of a healthy and holy Christian writing community as God molds us into the writers He created us to be!
Xochi (pronounced so-she) Dixon is an author, speaker, and Bible teacher who loves Jesus and digging into God’s Word. She lives in Fairfield, CA with her hubby, Alan, their teenage son, Xavier, and their doggy-daughter, Jazzy. She enjoys amusement parks, baseball games and reading. Currently working toward a BA in Christian Ministry through Regent University, Xochi serves within the Youth Ministry at First Baptist Church of Vacaville. She writes Teen Fiction, Non-Fiction for women and teens, poetry and devotions.