We’re giving away a One Year Inspire Membership! All you have to do to enter is take a brief survey and let us know how we’re doing and how we can best serve you. Sound simple? It is.
Winner will be announced on Monday, June 1st. A couple of members have asked if they’re eligible. YES! If an existing member wins, their current membership will be extended by one year.
How can Inspire Christian Writers help you meet your writing and publishing goals? Your input helps us provide the information and inspiration you need to take your writing to the next level.
Please take a minute to fill out this survey and we’ll enter your name in a drawing for a FREE ONE YEAR Membership!
Create your own user feedback survey
Thank you for your responses!
While serving in the Navy, aboard an aircraft carrrier in the Persian Gulf, Michael Russo received a letter from a stranger. That letter was the beginning of a lifelong friendship and the catalyst for his debut novel, Everlene’s Sky.
I interviewed Michael about his friendship with Everlene and the book he just launched, a novelization of her life story.
Here are some of the questions I posed to Michael:
- Tell me about the first time Everlene made contact with you.
- What propelled you to write back to her?
- How did her correspondence impact you.
- At what point did you start thinking, “Hey, this would make a great book”?
- And when did you start writing it?
- Prior to this, had you written for publication?
- Describe your writing process.
- How involved was Everlene in the process?
- The title, Everlene’s Sky, comes from a quote from Everlene. Can you share that quote and why you used it for your book title?
- Describe your publishing process.
- How has the book been received so far?
- What are you doing to help promote Everlene’s Sky?
- What would you say to someone who’s in that place where you were–they have an interesting book idea and are at the beginning of the writing and publishing process. What have you learned that you can pass along?
Be sure to watch the 700 Club segment about Everlene Brewer and her unique ministry to U.S. service men and women.
You can connect with Michael Russo via Facebook or Twitter.
Have you had an encounter with a stranger that became a subject of your writing? Tell us about it.
Elizabeth M Thompson loves stories–fiction and nonfiction alike. Mostly, she loves God’s story and seeks to share with readers how they fit into it. When she’s not reading, writing, or serving the Inspire writers, she can be found along the American River, pedaling her bike, paddling a kayak or walking hand-in-hand with her husband Mike. Connect with Elizabeth on her blog, Facebook or Twitter. She loves to connect with other writers!
Bethel Writers Workshop
DATE OF EVENT: Jun 10, 2015 – Jun 12, 2015
LOCATION: Bethel, 933 College View Drive, Redding, CA 96003
Registrants can register for the optional critique session and the optional writers’ contest
For more information and/or to register
Are you attending? If so, please let us know: email@example.com. We can save $39 each if there are 10 Inspire writers going.