Inspire Christian Writers is now accepting submissions for the 2017 anthology, Inspire Love. Submissions can be stories (fiction and non-fiction), poems, devotions, or teachings that speak clearly to the topic of love. All Inspire members are welcome to submit one or more pieces for consideration.
- You must be an Inspire member to submit. Not a member? You can join today on our website.
- Submissions must be received by May 31st, 2017.
- Submissions may be no more than 1500 words.
- Write from your heart—be open, transparent, and vulnerable.
- Follow the Inspire Anthology Style Sheet to properly prepare your story or poem BEFORE submitting.
- If you would prefer to change the names of real people in your submission, put an * after the first usage of each changed name—and include a footnote.
- As soon as you submit your piece using the online form, you will receive an immediate e-mail confirmation that we’ve received your submission.
- Submit as many pieces as you like through the online submission form. You will receive two books for your published contribution.
How to Create a Captivating Story:
- Choose a creative title.
- Use a strong hook in the first sentence or paragraph.
- Show conflict and resolution.
- Use multiple scenes.
- Include the five senses in your descriptions using few or no adverbs.
- Show—don’t tell.
- Include engaging dialogue.
- Make the turning point clear—when the person or character changes in thought or deed.
- Make the takeaway clear without spelling it out.
- Offer a spiritually satisfying ending.
If you have questions about Inspire Love, you can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inclusion in our anthologies is a benefit of membership in Inspire. Only Inspire members may submit their articles for consideration. If you are not a member, why not join today? See the full list of Inspire membership benefits on our website.