Inspire Press, a non-profit ministry of Inspire Christian Writers, serves our members in two ways—
First, by publishing the yearly anthology in which Inspire members can publish their short stories and poems. Inspire Joy is now open for submissions. For more details or to upload your submission click here: Inspire Love Submissions.
Second, by partnering with member authors to publish their manuscripts.
- You are a current, dues-paying member of Inspire Christian Writers
- You have regularly submitted portions of your manuscript to an Inspire critique group for suggestions, your final manuscript has benefited from the process, and the group leader attests that it is ready for publication.
Steps in reaching publication:
- Email the final draft of your manuscript to Dana Sudboro, Managing Editor of Inspire Press, and indicate how many copies you plan to order (100 minimum). Based on the size of the manuscript and the number of copies desired, Inspire Press will send you an estimate of the total cost, including Inspire’s standard fee of $400 for editing, art work, book formatting for both the print and ebook.
- Once you’ve decided to publish through Inspire Press and how many copies to order, Inspire Press will send you a publication agreement to examine and sign. This agreement asks you to pay one half of the estimated total, of which the $400 standard fee is non-refundable.
- When you’ve signed the agreement and paid half the estimate, Inspire Press will go to work to edit, format, and prepare your manuscript for printing. This includes working with you on up to three concepts of cover art.
- Prior to printing, Inspire Press will send you a proof (PDF files) to examine and approve. This proof includes the appearance of front cover, back cover, and all interior pages.
- After you’ve approved the proof and paid the remainder of the cost, Inspire Press will have your book printed and shipped to you. Print-on-demand copies will also be made available on Amazon.
- Inspire will provide you with .epub and .mobi files so you can open accounts with the two largest ebook distributors and upload your books.
Contact Dana Sudboro for more information.