Each month Inspire Christian Writers gather for the Build Your Author Platform workshop. This month Cheri Douglas will facilitate our training. Cheri has a huge Twitter ministry and is the author of the upcoming book, Tweeting God’s Love.
Twitter is a great place for Christian writers to minister worldwide! 140 characters facilitates a perfect discussion, and is the length of most Bible verse. No surprise, God is the fastest growing topic on Twitter today. Discussions on God often trend worldwide as the most tweeted topic of the moment. ~ Cheri Douglas
After a brief introduction to Twitter and its value to authors, Cheri will:
- Help writers set up a Twitter account (if needed)
- Explain the follower system.
- Help writers send & respond to tweets.
- Show writers how Twitter facilitates immediate ministry.
- Demonstrate how Tweetlonger can help non-blogging writers
- Explain hashtags and how to use them to connect with others on Twitter.
- Help writers join a prayer/chat with #WriteToInspire.
In order to participate fully, bring a tablet, laptop, or notebook computer. Be sure to visit Twitter.com and follow the prompts to establish a personal account. If you have problems with that, Cheri will be available at 8AM in room 203 to work with you.
Thursday, October 17th
9:00AM – 12:00 Noon
First Covenant Church, 10933 Progress Court, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
You will leave able to share your books or articles with a world of new friends!