Behind every great writer is a great editor! Today I have the privilege of introducing you to Kathy Ide, a full-time freelance editor, author and founder/director of The Christian Pen and the Christian Editor Connection. Kathy will be teaching The Art of Editing at the 2014 Write to Inspire Conference. Here are some of the questions that formed the basis of our conversation.
- How did you get started as a professional editor?
- What do you offer for Christian writers?
- Tell us about The Christian Pen. What prompted you to launch it?
- How can writers benefit from The Christian Pen?
- You are also part of the Christian Editor Connection. How is that different than the Christian Pen?
- What qualities should writers look for in an editor?
- How much self-editing should a writer complete before engaging a professional editor?
- How have recent changes in the publishing industry affected writers? What role does professional editing play in these changes?
- What advice would you offer a brand new writer?
- When the writers come to the Write to Inspire Conference, what can they expect to learn from you?
Kathy was a joy to speak with and will be an asset to the conference. If you haven’t reserved your spot at Write to Inspire, you can join us by registering now!
Over the past few weeks, we’ve introduced you to all of our conference speakers. If you’ve missed any of the interviews, you can follow the links to view them now: Bill Myers, Manuel Luz and Lyn Lasneski and Steve Scott.