Submission window: June 5th, 2021–Jun 30th, 2021
Faculty decisions will be made by August 31st, 2021
In response to those interested in teaching at Mount Hermon, we have decided to open up approximately one-third of our faculty slots to application. The ONLY application process is through our online submission form (direct submissions/applications through any other means, including messenger, email, or postal mail will not be accepted). However, we do have a downloadable PDF so you can see the application questions and prepare answers for the online form. That preparation PDF can be downloaded HERE.
(Note: There is a 400 character limit [including spaces!] for the following responses: Short Bio, Workshop Descriptions (1-3), Primary & Secondary Qualifications, so be concise.)
All workshops will be 45-50 minutes in length and be scheduled during the afternoons on each of the four conference days. Mount Hermon no longer has the capability of recording classes, but there will be basic technology in each teaching space, including wifi.
DIFFERENT from years past … Inspire has chosen to pay every faculty member for every teaching instance. There are no unpaid slots.
Final faculty decisions are based on a number of things, including the overall curriculum. We need to build a balanced, complete set of workshops and learning opportunities for attendees, so if you are not selected this year, please consider submitting next year.
All right … here we go.
We have Two Types of Faculty Positions Open
This position is full faculty. Responsibilities include teaching three (3) workshops, leading one (1) round table, attending all faculty meetings, sitting at assigned faculty tables at lunch and dinner, and taking appointments as appropriate.
Remuneration for this position is: $750, plus meals, accommodation, and approved travel.
Adjunct faculty will be selected from attendees of the conference. Responsibilities include teaching an assigned workshop, attending all faculty meetings, and sitting at assigned faculty tables at lunch and dinner, if required.
Remuneration for these positions is: $200 per workshop.
PLEASE NOTE: Adjunct faculty positions are only open to those who have already registered to attend the conference or are willing to do so by July 31, 2021.
Note: There is only 1 Workshop Faculty position available. When completing the application form, if you are willing to accept an adjunct faculty position, please select the “Either” option for that question.
Here are two key points to consider before you apply:
- Inspire Christian Writers sets a high standard for faculty qualifications. You must be able to demonstrate either relevant education, quantifiable success, or specialist knowledge, or a combination thereof, in your specific workshop subject. If your qualifications are based on your publishing history, you must have published successfully in the last five years in your subject/genre.
- You must be comfortable adhering to Inspire’s Statement of Faith, which is located HERE.
If both of those points are acceptable to you, here are some tips to increase your chances of selection:
- You may submit up to three (3) workshop proposals if you are interested in an Adjunct Faculty Position.
- If you are interested in applying for the Workshop Faculty position, however, you MUST submit three workshop proposals.
- Think of teaching as serving attendees. How will your workshop do that?
- Choose subjects/topics with a unique twist. We want to learn something new!
- Although we are open to ALL possible workshop topics/genres, we are especially interested in the areas of craft, nonfiction, and career.
- Be able to articulate what attendees will leave your workshop knowing.
- Make it clear the level of writer you are serving (beginner, intermediate, or career).
- Workshops with some interactive aspect are fun, popular, appealing and, therefore, likelier for selection.
- Have a defined focus for your workshop, but be careful it’s not too niche or narrow.
- If you’ve seen a workshop topic at every conference you’ve attended, chances are there will be a number of similar submissions, which lowers your chances of selection.
- Pick topics in which you are an expert … and also passionate about. Enthusiastic teachers who are well connected with their subject make the most engaging and effective teachers.
Ready? Don’t forget to download the preparation PDF HERE to make sure you have all the information you need before submitting.
We’re looking forward to seeing your proposals!
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
The link below will take you to an external Google Form, which will open in a new window.
Don’t forget the 400 character [inc. spaces!] limit for certain responses, mentioned above.
For more tips and information on the application process, you can review today’s Facebook video announcement:
Faculty Application Process . . . and More!