How have you experienced, shared, or been strengthened by the Lord’s kindness?
Inspire Christian Writers is now accepting submissions for the 2018 anthology, Inspire Kindness. Submissions can be stories (fiction and non-fiction), poems, devotions, or teachings that speak clearly to the topic of kindness. All Inspire members are welcome to submit one or more pieces for consideration.
- You must be an Inspire member to submit. Not a member? You can join today on our website.
- Submissions must be received by May 31st, 2017.
- Submissions may be no more than 1500 words.
- Write from your heart—be open, transparent, and vulnerable.
- Follow the Inspire Anthology Style Sheet to properly prepare your story or poem BEFORE submitting.
- If you would prefer to change the names of real people in your submission, put an * after the first usage of each changed name—and include a footnote.
- As soon as you submit your piece using the online form, you will receive an immediate e-mail confirmation that we’ve received your submission.
- Submit as many pieces as you like through the online submission form. You will receive two books for your published contribution.
How to Create a Captivating Story:
- Choose a creative title.
- Use a strong hook in the first sentence or paragraph.
- Show conflict and resolution.
- Use multiple scenes.
- Include the five senses in your descriptions using few or no adverbs.
- Show—don’t tell.
- Include engaging dialogue.
- Make the turning point clear—when the person or character changes in thought or deed.
- Make the takeaway clear without spelling it out.
- Offer a spiritually satisfying ending.
If you have questions about Inspire Kindness, you can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inclusion in our anthologies is a benefit of membership in Inspire. Only Inspire members may submit their articles for consideration. If you are not a member, why not join today? See the full list of Inspire membership benefits on our website.