The terms and conditions below apply to all bookings for the Summer Symposium to be held on August 28-29, 2020.
- Completing the purchase of any symposium session or activity via the inspirewriters.com website indicates and implies your agreement with these terms and conditions.
- All specified dates/times will be given in Pacific Daylight Time (PDT: GMT -07:00).
SINGLE TICKET PER SESSION TYPE PER FACULTY MEMBER ONLY
- Purchasers may only purchase a single spot for any particular Session Type (Roundtable, Pitch Session, Prep Session, 1:1 Coaching/Consultation, Written Critique, Critique Group) with a particular faculty member.
- You may purchase one ticket for a roundtable with Robynne Miller and another ticket for a roundtable with Jane S. Daly; or
- You may purchase one ticket for a roundtable with Cynthia Ruchti and another ticket for a pitch session with Cynthia.
NO RESELLING OF TICKETS
- Tickets may not be resold. If Inspire Christian Writers discovers any reselling of tickets, the reseller and purchaser will be denied participation in the event.
- Inspire Christian Writers cannot guarantee the availability of spaces for any particular session. It is anticipated that some sessions will sell out very quickly.
- Tickets will only be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Inspire will NOT honor any requests to hold any particular spots for any sessions with any faculty members.
USE OF ZOOM VIDEO CONFERENCING SOFTWARE
- All live online sessions will take place using Zoom video conferencing software, available for download at zoom.us.
- Attendees will only be admitted to a “Zoom” session (that is, any session that takes place using the Zoom software) if the name in the Zoom window matches that name of the purchaser, as specified on the order receipt. This is to prevent any unauthorized access to a session and to facilitate the management of session attendees.
- Inspire cannot guarantee admittance to any session for attendees who attempt to enter the video conference after the start of the session. This is especially pertinent to roundtable sessions without a facilitator—some roundtables will be facilitated by the faculty member hosting the session.
- Inspire recommends logging into the Zoom video conferencing system at least five (5) minutes prior to the start of the session.
- Inspire Christian Writers will refund a purchased booking provided notification is received for the request by midnight on Tuesday, August 18th (that is, one week prior to bookings being closed). Refunds will not be granted for any requests made after this time.
- Purchasers will NOT be entitled to refunds for their failure to attend a session for any reason, including but not limited to a lack of Internet connectivity, technical issues with Internet-connected devices (laptops, cellphones, tablets, etc.), late arrival to a session, booking sessions that will be held concurrently, etc.
- Purchasers WILL be entitled to a refund if the faculty member fails to attend the session.
- In such an instance, where possible, Inspire will also try to place the purchaser in an alternative session with the same faculty member.
- As stated above, Inspire Christian Writers will not be responsible to anyone failing to attend a session because it ran concurrently with another session booked by the same attendee.
- However, refunds will be granted subject to the conditions stated above under “Refunds.”
DISCOUNTS FOR MEMBERS OF INSPIRE CHRISTIAN WRITERS
- Discounts will be offered to members of Inspire Christian Writers at the time of booking at the following rates:
- 5% for total purchases between $100-199.99.
- 7% for total purchases of $200 or more.
- Due to the complexity of the ticketing process, these discounts will NOT be offered at the time of purchase but may be requested after the event by emailing email@example.com.